Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween at work

I remember when we used to play high/low with Brad. Everyone goes around the table saying the high point of their day and the low point. Here are today's updates for me:

High

Today was the bake-off and costume-off (not literally off) competition at work. I had to do some last minute shopping last night at the classy Wal-Mart to pick up my baby dolls of all races. I came to work and drew on a few tattoos and voila...Angelina Jolie!! I thought it was pretty creative but Mr. Dinosaur won instead:



I tried to bake a cake similar to Rachel's delicious almond liquer cake (I think she has a fancier name for it), like the one she did for my b-day:



The frosting was amazing, thanks Rach!! However, I thought the cake was a little dry. I may have left it in too long. Some people at work liked it so that made me feel a little better.

The high point was all the yummy treats we had! There was homemade cinnamon ice cream with schnickerdoodles, coffee/oreo pie, pumpkin bread, coffee crumb cake, muffins, caramels (amazing! here is the recipe if you want to make them), my cake, and some Brazilian snack, meat stuffed into bread with peppers that Keith made, he won the big prize, $50.

Low

The low part of my day was finding out that I had a flat tire. I drove Bryan's (our) Jeep and the tire was already pretty warn out and low so it wasn't too much of a surprise. I took it to Discount and got it fixed in 30 minutes so it wasn't too bad.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Luckily I can actually do something with myslef this weekend. After lounging around the house I'm ready to be productive and get some stuff done! Happy Friday and enjoy this beautiful fall weekend!!

P.S.- Go Packers!! Beat the Vikings!!

No comments: